Me And My Friend And A Coin

One day my friend and I were walking in the park and we found a coin. It wasn't an ordinary coin, it was a coin from 1790. We picked it up and took it home to show my mum. My mum told us a story about old coins. She said "Old coins from the 1790s are cursed by army people." At first we didn't believe her so we got a glass jar and put the coin in it.
After we put it in the glass jar, we watched the news about old coins and found out there is only three of these coins and they are all cursed by the Australian army. The next day mum asked if we want to take the coin to the antique shop to see the value of the coin and the story behind it. We both said "Yes" so we took the coin out of the jar and hopped in the car. When we got there, my mum asked the antique man if he knew anything about 1790 coins. He replied "Yes, would you like to know the value of your coin and background story?" He continued "Well, these coins have a strong history and the value of the coin is around $10,000 if you were to sell it." It made us think. We both looked at each other and thought to ourselves that if we sell the coin, we would be rich. "We will think about it" we said. He said "Okay, if you want to sell it, give me a call so just leave your phone number and address so I can pick it up if you change your mind." So my mum gave her phone number and address.
The next day we woke up and the coin was gone. I told mum and she said "Did you leave it at the antique shop yesterday?" We both said "No." We went in the car to look for the coin but couldn't find it. When we got home, we went in the laundry to look but we saw glass on the floor so we looked up and the window was smashed. We went out the back and the gate was broken, so we thought it had been stolen. We told mum about the smashed window and the broken gate. She told us to get in the car and she took us to the antique shop, but the sign said 'Sorry, we are closed'. Mum took us to the police station and told them that our house had been broken in to. The cops asked if anything got stolen. We both said "Yes, a 1790 coin worth over $10,000." The cop said "Do you know what happened?" So we told him the story about the coin, the antique dealer and everything.
"Okay, I think I see the problem here. This antique dealer has broken into your house and stole the coin" said the cop. We gave the police a description of the man. After the police wrote the information down we went to look for the thief and at the end of the day the antique man got questioned and went to jail and he had to return our coin.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!