The Magnificent Car

James was walking through the cobblestone streets at night. All was calm and peaceful, with the bright, gleaming streetlights turned on. Even the sky was clear, and this never happened where James lived. He was a tall, slim boy with brown hair, blue eyes, and square spectacles. He was an orphan who escaped from a small gloomy orphanage.
The streetlights suddenly switched off, and the bright moon was covered by a small, tiny, black object which was getting bigger and bigger and bigger! James froze, totally petrified.
‘He tried to scream,’ but was muffled by the monsters hairy legs.
James woke up, finding himself in a slimy, dim dungeon, with rusty, iron bars. Strangely, he stepped out without much trouble. He opened a blue wooden door. It creaked. Then it opened. In the room, James saw a magnificent car!
The car had a very shiny green spoiler. It was so bright James had to cover his eyes! The windows were spotless, no stains just clear, glassy, window. The interior was also amazingly spotless. It had a bright red steering wheel. The front is what James found the most interesting. There was a yellow bonnet and in the background was an epic blazing flame.
In no time, he hopped into the car and found some rusty, old keys lying on the driver’s seat. He picked them up. Next, James inserted the key into a shiny keyhole and twisted it. The engine roared like a courageous lion fighting off a tiger. Now, James was off! All was once again safe. But one mystery remained.
What was the monster...?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!