Two Worlds

Stacy went into her room, looking for the jewelled box and listened for the sound, which eventually came. Then she looked out her window at the new shop, ‘Shimmer and Shine’. She went back to her dad. “Dad! Yo! Let me and Maddy go to that place, Shimmer and Shine! Please!” She said. Her dad nodded and off they went.
Maddy was dressed in a pretty dress and Stacy was wearing jeans. They went in and they saw a beautiful shirt with a sequin heart in the middle but suddenly Maddy and Stacy were covered in grey mist and fell over in a strange place. They had been tossed into different places, so Stacy walked around a bit, looking for a trace of Maddy, while Maddy was doing the same.
“We will never find Stace, will we, Nina?” She asked her dog. “Anyway, look at the purple sky and the…are those marshmallow trees?” There were marshmallow trees everywhere and the leaves were white chocolate. She figured the ground was soft, so she had a taste. “Wow! Flour blocks!”
She noticed that she had a backpack and looked inside. She had everything to survive, even a portable house! She noticed some candy floss string in her bag. “Ha! I must be in the part of this world that is made of candy!” She said. Then they found a good place for a home and put the portable house down.
She put her bed in the corner and her oven in the other. She noticed it was getting night so she had dinner and went to bed.
In the morning Stacy looked outside. Soon, they got to a forest. “The Spell Forest. Lots of people go there.” Said Emily. They waved and Stacy left the Halloween part of the world. She looked out of her window. Stacy had a couple of marshmallows and some candy corn for dinner. Stacy figured out that there was a dragon in the jewelled box she had. The box had opened and the dragon had hatched. Stacy called the dragon Cinders. Then Stacy (and Cinders) kept going, and they ran for miles, and as Cinders grew, she learned the skill of being ridden. They flew…and flew. Then a strange, candy-like dimension engulfed them. A wooden house came into focus. In the window a familiar face came into view… “MADDY!? I thought I'd never see you again!” Stacy screamed. “S-Stacy? Is it really...” Then Maddy yawned. “Stacy couldn't have found me.” Maddy told herself, then got ready to lie back in bed. “GET UP!!” Stacy shouted. “Wh-What? Really, Stacy? Wait, I can't be talking to you if you aren't there! Stacy!” Maddy said. “We have to get back home!” Stacy said. “Right.” Maddy said. They thought of home. Then, they appeared outside ‘Shimmer and Shine’ but the shirt with the sequinned heart had disappeared. When Stacy got home, there was the shirt with sequin heart shining on the bed. “Great!” Stacy said. “Brilliant!”
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!