The House Across The Road

It was a rainy, windy, cold night. Ruby, Milly and I were having a sleepover at my house. Milly had the idea to play with my Ouija Board, as soon as she said the words, the lights flickered dramatically and we all screamed.
The next morning, the house across the road was surrounded by police. The three of us went into the kitchen and asked my mum "Why are the police next door?" She replied "Apparently the elderly man that lives across the road was, umm, murdered last night", Milly looked like she was about to cry, Ruby shrieked, and I looked out the window and in the elderly man’s house, there was someone standing at the window looking right back at me. I looked at Mum and said "Is Dad across the road?" Mum looked out the window and didn't say anything until dinner.
My friends went home an hour later. When Dad came home, he asked "How was your day?" Mum simply looked at him and said, "There was an incident at the house across the road and the old man has left us, but his spirit is still stuck here!"

The next day, my parents were already at work and the house became for sale pretty quick. I got ready for school and walked out of the house when I noticed a light was left on in the second storey. I checked my watch, and I still had an hour and a half to get to school. As I walked across the road, I got the strange sensation that I should go into the house, so I did.
When I got to the door, it swung wide open, just like things do in horror movies. I foolishly walked in. "Hello" I questioned, "Hello" my echo replied. I started to walk into the kitchen and found a small hatch were the fridge usually is. There was no handle, but a lock. I tried to open the hatch by putting my hair clip in the key hole, and it opened. I looked down, there was a ladder. As I climbed down, the hatch closed and clicked. I quickly climbed back up and pushed the hatch door, but it was locked.
I climbed back down, but felt I was not alone. As I walked around the small room, I saw something that was covered in a large cloth. I pulled the material off, and figured out it was an old Ouija Board. I soon realized something, Milly suggesting to play with my Ouija Board, the man mysteriously dying the same night, mum being scared, having the feeling I'm not alone, finding the Ouija Board. It was all mine and my friends fault! I put my hands on the triangle piece and said aloud "Sir, are you with me?" My hands slowly moved to 'YES', and for some reason I asked "Why are you here?" and my hands rapidly moved to the letters 'R, E, V, E, N, G, E'. "On who" I gasped and my hands moved to 'Y, O, U, A, N, D, Y, O, U, R, F, R, I, E, N, D, S'. "WHY" I hear myself saying 'M, U, R, D, E, R'. The last thing that I ever saw was an elderly man, standing next to me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!