The Warehouse

Long ago, there were two children. They attended a school. The first child’s name was Mac the other Mary. They were both in year 6. They were both orphans. However they were not related and they weren’t taken to an orphanage. They got jobs and made enough to buy themselves clothes, an education and a small shed.
One night they were at the shed. Mac went out to get the mail. He came back inside and read the scruffy handwriting. It was written in a red substance.
‘To Mary and Mac 2 Ernst Wanke Rd, Narre Warren North VIC 3804’
He gathered Mary and opened it. Inside it read;
‘You’re going to Camp Butcher. The address: 90 Dollar-Woorarra W Rd, Foster North. Come on the 20th of July. This is a scholarship from your school. Arrive at 11pm.
Camp Supervisor DB Late.’
They packed their bags and set off to the bus stop. But they got there late. They got out and waited. They expected some other people from schools to show up. But no one came. Then they waited for R.O.R. But no one.
Two kids in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. They finally decided to venture through the camp. Visited every cabin. No one was around. They climbed up the stairs and saw a big door. A sign said ‘The Butcher Room’. They entered slowly. There was a large warehouse. They split up. Mac followed a corridor along the side. He followed a long freezer. As he passed he observed several pigs hanging from strings in the freezer.
Then he came across a girl. In the freezer. She had been butchered and was hanging by a string as well. He looked closer. She was still alive. The poor girl was slit down the middle gasping for breath. Mac watched as she passed.
Mac started to run to find Mary screaming her name. It echoed all around the warehouse. He waited, the silence was starting to get to him. He heard a scream. He got up.
He sprinted toward the screaming. He had tracked it down to a table. Where he saw Mary. She had been butchered as well. He started to cry. He couldn’t do anything. Suddenly footsteps approached. “DB.”
Mac sat there terrified. He knew he couldn’t outrun him or get away. So he sat there. He gently lifted Mary off the table and lied there himself waiting for death.
A week after the school received two hearts. And a note. It said, in the same blood writing, ‘R.I.P. Mary and Mac. They were late. DB Late’
The police tracked down the camp. They got rid of the warehouse. And changed the name of the camp. It is now known as camp Rumbug. DB was never caught. They changed the name of the school to Mary Mac Primary School. Go to that camp. Just wait. Can still hear the screams all around you. He is still out there.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!