Lost Mother

“Scarlett get up you’re going to be late!” Screeched Emmeline, Emmeline is Scarlett’s evil stepmother. Scarlett’s evil stepmother has been waiting forever until she has a chance to ship Scarlett to boarding school. After a few minutes Scarlett was ready to go to boarding school. She had packed her trunk and night case the other day.
When the bus came none of her family bothered to say goodbye. ‘Of course none of my family bothered to say goodbye' thought Scarlett. “But my father always bothered to say goodbye. Why didn’t he say goodbye today?”
As the bus neared closer and closer to Green Vale Academy the more nervous Scarlett became. When the bus stopped Scarlett was the last person to get off, she was so nervous that her legs felt like jelly. The name of Scarlett’s matron was Mrs Raven. She told Scarlett her tower was North Tower and that dinner is at 7 o’clock sharp if she was not on time she’d get a sharp whipping.
Knock, knock, knock “Enter’’ came a voice. As Scarlett entered her room there was another girl sitting on the bed next to her. “Hi’’ said the girl “my name is Ivy.” “Hi Ivy I’m Scar…” “Scarlett I know I’m your pen friend remember?” “Oh I remember now.” Just then there was a knock on the door. “Enter!’’ Both girls boomed. Then there was a little creak as the door opened. “Scarlett I forgot to tell you that your trunk will be brought in to your room tomorrow and that you are to unpack it straight away okay?’’ “Yes Mrs Raven’’ cried Scarlett and off Mrs Raven went. After the girls unpacked their night cases they made their way to dinner.
Dinner consisted of under cooked lamb and half boiled vegetables. “Yuck!’’ Exclaimed Scarlett and Ivy together.
After their horrible dinner they spent some time reading in bed. When they were just about to go to bed Scarlett tripped and her book skidded across the wooden floor and BANG! Her book hit one of the wooden strips in the wall. It was tearing off. Scarlett and Ivy both ran to investigate. Scarlett picked up her book and put it in her night case. “Scarlett!” Cried Ivy. Scarlett turned around in surprise.
“What is it Ivy?” “There is a strange book on the back of the wooden strip. Let’s pull the book out and let’s see.” So Ivy pulled the book out and heaved it onto her bed. It was a diary. Scarlett and Ivy read the whole first page. In the first page it told them the diary belonged to a woman named Caroline Coal. “That’s my mother” cried the girls at the same time. “If she’s your mother and we’re the same age then that means we are twins.” Just then the door opened and a woman entered and scooped them both up in a bag and took them to a room. Scarlett was surprised to see that the woman was Emmeline. She told them that they were to stay locked up in there forever. So after she left, Scarlett and Ivy made an escape plan and they escaped using the dairy they had found. When they found their mother she gladly took them in as a big family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!