The Death Box

I’m lying here I this pitch black death box, otherwise known as a money safe. What am I going to do? What if someone comes to get money out? What if I run out of air? What if? What if? What if?
Gary! Cool it, if I take small short breaths I will be ok, I think to myself. Ok what can I do? Arrrgh! No, don’t think that will work. Since I’m the only one here. Oh, oh, oh no, this torturous death box is closing in: What am I thinking? Money safes don’t shrink! Think Gary! Think! Oh my goodness why didn’t I think this earlier. I grab my almost dead phone out of my pocket and call my fiancé Mary.
“Mary, Mary, Mary!”
“What Gary, I can’t hear you?”
Suddenly my phone goes flat. My only chance to get out is gone.
3 months later:
“Mr Oxford I would like to ask you a few questions about your son and worker, Gary Oxford.”
“Sure officer Blart!”
“Did Gary show any signs of depression?”
“No! Of course not, he loved his life, he was always smiling and loved his fiancé Mary!”
“Ok thankyou Mr Oxford, I will need your payment now please!”
“Oh sure sir, I will just go and get it out of the safe!”
Mr Oxford goes to the safe to find his son, it was gruesome sight! Mr Oxford’s knees shook like twanged guitar strings, he fell weak and suddenly he fainted! Everyone rushed into the room, an Ambulance was called and Mr Oxford was rushed to hospital.
Mr Oxford woke up in hospital with no memory of the last 20 years of his life, which meant he had no recollection of Gary. By the time he got back to the office Gary’s body was gone. He went on with life never knowing he had a son.
Mr James Oxford died 4 days ago at the age of 96, he was buried next to his son Garry Oxford. Although he never knew Gary, the family thought it would be best if they were together. Their family now visits their graves every day, and lay fresh flowers on them every week.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!