World War 3

Finalist in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

One day in Woso Street there was a small house and in that small house there lived 3 children and their mother. Their father had died in the war. He was a very famous man and his name was Esio Gunshot. The Englishmen were astonished as they had lost the war for the very first time in 20 years. Now all that was left in Woso Street were dead bodies and burning sticks.
The three children were grief-stricken and didn’t feel at home. They decided to make up their own war as revenge against the men who had killed their father.
The girl said, “Let’s make World War 3.”
The younger boy said, “We can blow up buildings.”
The older boy said, “I’ll be Esio Gunshot.” So they put pans on their heads for helmets, they used knives for swords, dressed up as soldiers and got into their positions.
The younger boy threw a knife at a plate and it fell down from the shelf making a loud clattering sound. The girl was standing on the table, raising up a knife and making marks on the ceiling. The older boy was pretending to be Esio Gunshot on the rocking horse shouting, “I am Esio Gunshot, the most feared warrior in the whole of England!”
The children’s mother came in and said, “What’s all the noise?” And she looked horrified at the clattered plates on the floor and the dreadful marks on the ceiling.
She was very cross and said, “What are you doing?”
And the children replied, “We’re making World War 3.”
The mother said, “What do you mean?”
So one of the children replied, “Well, there has just been a World War 2 so we are making World War 3 to remind us of our father.”
The mother was very disappointed that the children thought by starting another war it would make up for the death of their father and her beloved husband.
The children put away the knives and the saucepans and put the rocking horse back upstairs and ended their war. The younger boy said, “Who won?”
And one of the others replied, “Who cares?”
The younger boy said, “I care.”
Their mother said, “Stop arguing and fix the plates please and paint the ceiling as punishment.” So the children got some white paint and some glue and went to work.
Having seen their mother so upset, and reminded of their father’s death, the children decided never to play World War 3 again.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!