Hack

Finishing off my dinner, I bolted up the stairs quicker than lightning. I ran so fast that I expected a man in a black leather jacket, with a pair of sunglasses, and a check-board to show up and say that I had broken a world record. Nope he did not show up. Opening the door to my bedroom I jumped on my computer and started typing line after line of code that would let me hack into every website known to man. My heart was pounding like a drum. My fingers flew across the keyboard knowing what to do. I had prepared for this moment my whole life. I remember when I was three, I stumbled across Mum’s computer while she was making breakfast and somehow I hacked into a toy shop and bought everything (including the shop’s cash register).
Finishing off my lines of code,I took a deep breath and thought this is it finally! My finger hovered over the enter button, ready to upload my code…when suddenly, a game of Mario Karts appeared. I was surprised but interested. Looking down the page, I spotted some writing. It read ‘Win this race, then continue with your hack’. Getting my kart ready, I boosted forward the second the light went green. I did not do too badly. I got fourth place. Suddenly, I heard police sirens off in the distance, but they were getting closer by the second. The game must have been a decoy. Before I get arrested, let me tell you one thing. Never hack again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!