The Day I Almost Missed Recess

I've been sitting in class, listening to Miss. She said, "I'm going to read you some stories, so listen to this.” She started off with Little Brother, then Edward The Emu, followed by Olga The Brolga, and Something by Dr. Seuss.
Miss was doing her best although, it was very boring, one kid even ended up snoring. Then she produced a book and even the cover cast a spell, she said it was the Land Of Stories, this one was The Wishing Spell.
Her words swirled around in my head, and I felt, I began to sway, then I don't quite know what happened but into The Land Of Stories I did stray.
There I was, outside a bog, standing next to me appeared to be a frog. I snuck into Cinderella's palace to steal a slipper made of glass, it took quite a while, but I found it at last. Then I was off to the next kingdom, only to burn it down, then I travelled through four or five more. And then I found the Evil Queen, which to me was quite older,
then to my horror, I felt a hand grasp my shoulder. I thought this was the end for me and I've ended up in a mess, but it was only Miss waking me up, just in time for recess.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!