In The Palms Of The World

I'm sinking, falling into the deep, dark blue. It feels like I'm being dragged, ready to be eaten. I slowly close my eyes as I hit the hard, sandy bottom. Here I lay, dead, never to be seen again.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I feel hands thumping down like hammers on my chest. I take a long, deep breath and sit up, I flicker my eyes open seeing a scaly beast, she shoves me back to the ground and puts her hands over my eyes which makes me fall into a deep, dark sleep.

My mouth feels cracked and dry and my stomach has a sore, sickly pain. It feels like months since I have had food or water. I flash open my eyes and see the creature swimming ahead, holding me with one of its' pale hands. I look around me, I'm in the deep blue ocean and all around me is the sign of a bright and cheerful place. There are thousands of colourful fish around me swimming through the dancing coral. Wait. What, how is this possible, I'm no fish, this can't be. I rip the creatures' grip from my hand and swim so hard to reach the surface before I fall and drown. It's too late; the creature grabbed me and pulled me down, all the way back to the deep blue sea.

"Ouch, stop, leave me alone." I say as the creature is shoving me, waking me up. "We have arrived at your home dear." The creature says with a shy but confident voice. I stand and she dives into the water leaving me here alone on this island. I turn around and behind me is heaven, there are people around fires, there is food everywhere. I feel safe like I am at home.

Now I have a new family, we live near a lake and go fishing every morning I have two new brothers and a older sister I have lots of friends and we play every day. Thankyou god for giving me a true childhood life, you put me in the palms of the world. Amen.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!