The Rare One

2001-2005
Hi I’m Chelsea Dennis I was born on the 13/12/2001 at 2:30am Frances-Perry hospital. I was due on Christmas day but came 12days early. A funny thing is my mum is born on the 10, 10 my sister is the11, 11 I was nearly born on the12, 12 my mum went into labour on the 12, 12. As a child I stopped breathing my lips went blue, I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea. This went till I was 4 years-old, It is not rare but it’s scary.
2005
My sister Caitlin was born 11/11/2005 on the 11th floor in room 11, this was freaky. My sister and I are best friends. We do anything for each other, it’s rare for sisters to have a bond like ours. When I was in kinder my mum knew I was different.
2005-2007
I had a hearing test and a cognitive test because I was struggle to learn, my name and colours. It showed that I have auto-memory, auto-visual and auto-processing problems. I’m called Dory due to this. Having all three is rare. I am happy to take it on. I just learn a little different to others.
2008-2014
I was still getting my colours confused, so they did some more test. I was diagnosed with red green colour-blindness. I can see the traffic light colours, it’s just shades of colours I struggle with, my dad is the same but for girls it’s rare. In 2010 I was in and out of the hospital, not able to go to school for full days, for over 3months. I was diagnosed with hypo-mobility-syndrome. This is when my nerves came away from my spine and it’s like running a marathon.
2015-2016
I had a sore foot, thought I sprained it after tripping over. But a week later and it wasn’t any better. We went to the doctors and they thought I had sprained it. I had x-rays it was inclusive, they said it was a sprained-ankle. We got a moonboot as we were going on holidays. We travelled to Singapore and Thailand in the moonboot. When we got home the pain was worse and couldn’t stand. I went back to the doctors and I got crutches. My mum persisted for a MRI which was the next day. The MRI results were sent straight to my doctor. The next morning my doctor said that I had fibrocartilage collision (statues disease).We had to see a surgeon ASAP, which is Gary Nattrass he sent us for a CT, he booked us in for an appointment the CT showed it was in both feet. A week later I was in an emergency-operation on my right foot after the first operation I had an allergic-reaction to the medication. My second one was done in 2016 which was my left, that one was all good as they used different medication. This is me (DORY), I may be different but in a good way because if we were all the same life would be very boring.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!