The Unusual Night


Tonight didn’t feel the same. It wasn’t. I lived on a small island in the middle of the pacific ocean. Just me and my mum. Normally it was peaceful and quiet but today wasn’t. The trees were swaying, there was a growling sound in the forest and the waves were crashing on the beach. Had we been cursed? It was around midnight now and i could hear the scratching of something or someone on a wall nearby. I called my mum in terror to come to my room. But it was too late…
I was there, laying on the ground, mum wasn’t sure if i had died or just passed out but she was too scared to check. Moments later she ran to her room and locked the door, then she hid, terrified he would find her. She was crying when she suddenly heard a noise that came from inside the house. Mum ran to my room but no one was there, only me still lying on the floor. As she turned around she was surrounded by two werewolves. Mum’s heart stopped beating for a second but then she had to act. Fast! She ran to the cupboard where she hides her gun in case of danger. She took the gun, loaded with 7 silver bullets, but they had vanished. Acknowledging they would strike back my mum took her and held her gun tightly. As she crept down the hallway she saw it. It was big, really hairy and had big sharp claws. Mum shot her last silver bullets into the werewolf and saw it just fall dead on the floor. She was out of ammo so she had to man fight the remaining werewolf now. The last werewolf started to attack mum, his claws brutally stabbed her in the stomach. Blood was everywhere, This looked like a warzone. She took her fist and with all her power she punched him straight in the face three times but it didn’t affect the werewolf, it was still perfectly fine. Mum was doomed she thought… She started to run to hide but he caught up in less than a heartbeat. He bit her in the leg and took a whole piece of flesh out of her leg. She couldn't stand up now, she really was doomed. Suddenly I regained consciousness. I stood up and walked to the hallway and then I saw my mum suffering with a giant werewolf towering over her. I ran as fast as I possibly could and jumped on it’s back. I started to strangle him. I wouldn’t let go, even for a billion dollars because this depended on my mum’s life. The most important person in the world for me. I managed to kill him but mum was still in a terrible condition.
I hugged her, not realizing it would be the last time,then she passed out in my arms… The next night i was alone. I had been cursed. I sadly died during that night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!