Escape To The Mist

Running for her live, Ella was so scared she did not know what to do. It wasn’t until the ghost stopped chasing her, she was able to try and calm herself down, but she couldn’t as she was still too scared. Ella turned back around and started running again till she got to this dark misty swamp with spiders and other dangerous animals. Ella went to sit down on a rotten and mouldy log when she fell down a big black dirty hole. She hit the bottom of the hole, stood up, brushed herself off and looked around to see there were five misty tunnels.

Ella stood up and whispered to herself, “I have to get out and I have to be brave to move on so I can get home where I will be safe”. Off Ella went to have a look in all the tunnels to try and see which one was the safest one to go in. She walked into one of the tunnels and saw the ghost she saw before and other ones, they saw her and came closer; Ella turned around and started running back to the start of the tunnel she had started to go down. Once she got out, she ran towards another tunnel, running straight into the forth one.
When she got into the forth tunnel, Ella made it to the end. Ella looked up above her and there was a humongous hole in the roof of the tunnel. She looked around to see if there was anything she could throw up so she could get out. Ella went to go and move when she heard this big smash sound coming from behind her, but when she had a look to see what it was, there was nothing to be seen. Ella then went to have a look if she could find any vines or rope, whilst walking back to where the hole was, there was one long vine laying on the floor. Ella picked it up, looked around for a larger rock she could tie the rope too and threw it up. Her first attempt at throwing it out the hole and she got it. Once the rope was out of the hole she tugged on it to see if it was safe and tight in order for her to try and use it to help her climb out.

Climbing up the rope, Ella was so happy that she had found a way out. Once she got to the top she looked down the hole to see if she had dropped anything. Running with joy Ella was so happy to be on her way home. When she got home she was so glad to be with her family and friends she whispered to herself “I am never going near that spooky bush ever again, even if I throw a ball in there.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!