The Spooky Theme Park!

The streets were filled with daylight today in the town of Asrail, I was walking home from the local book store, with a book I found very intriguing. So I decided to do this book for a book report that I needed to finish at school.
All I saw was the spooky front cover and the well written blurb, that was enough to get me hooked! On the front cover there was this very run down theme park that looked like it was abandoned at least 5 years ago. The blurb explained: "Welcome to the world famous theme park Galaxy World or what is left of it. Creepy crawlies, googly goons and gruesome ghosts have taken over this place. I wonder what spooky secrets could be inside?"
"This book sound's very interesting" I mumbled to myself as I stumbled toward my very old home.
"Creek" went the door as I opened it to get inside. I continued to walk to my bed and start reading to make sure I can get enough info on the book before the due date comes around. However.
As soon as I turned the first page I was sucked in! Travelling through a spiral of rainbow colours as bright as the sun. Going around and around until I landed in a spooky forest. Then suddenly everything went black.
I my eyes slowly opened and I appeared on a hard, wooden bench that could easily give anyone splinters. As I was regaining consciousness a huge scream came from near me.
"HEY" the scream cut through the night sky seeming extremely close. Then suddenly I saw a big figure about the size of an average man trudge towards me.
"HEY YOU THERE YOUR FINALLY AWAKE" a man appeared in armour equipped with high tech weaponry seeming from another world.
"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE BOY THIS IS MY QUEST?!" The man shouted at my ear almost making me as deaf as a bat. "W-who are you?" I asked the man still trying to regain consciousness from the event that happened sometime earlier. Before the strange man had the chance to answer my question a huge like cricket monster threw him on the ground and started pummelling him. Suddenly the brown creaking floor boards gave way to the mysterious mans weight and he fell into the dark, slimy water below.
As soon as I saw this tragedy happen I leaped off the broken bench and sprinted away from the strange creature before I could seal my doom. As I quickly sprinted through the scary theme park creatures started appearing from left to right, front and behind. I climbed all around the rundown buildings and extremely boring attractions to out mauver these frightening creatures. Finally I came to the end of the theme park with my only escape a very old and rusted roller coaster. Without thinking I hoped in. But the coaster had no floor and I fell to my unfortunate doom!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!