Luna Lake

"Elijah make sure you do your homework, I don't want another meeting with Mr. Mackenzie!!"

"Ok mum!!" I reply. "He'll just find another way to get me in trouble" I whisper under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing mum!"

"That's what I thought, now go do your homework!"

Just a small nap before I do my homework won't hurt anyone. So I get comfortable in my bed and before I know it I'm fast asleep.

I open my eyes as I sit up in my not so comfortable bed, wait, this isn't even my bed! I look around, I'm lying on the forest floor! Jumping to my feet I take a good look around. I hear someone. I'm not alone.

"Hello? Who's there?" I yell but no one answers I begin to run as I hear the sounds of crunching leaves close behind me. I feel a sudden pain in the back of my leg as I run through the night, the pain soon takes over my body and my legs collapse underneath my body. I crawl as fast as I can across the forest floor, which is faster than my running. Everything gets louder and the smells get stronger. My vision gets better and I can see the tiny details on the falling snow flakes. I crawl towards a clearing only to be met by 3 black wolves.

"Oh no! They're going to eat me!! I'm going to die!!" I think to myself.

I get ready to run when I notice the wolves bowing their heads instead of attacking. What's going on? I try to stand up but I feel to unsteady and I fall back down. I look down at my hands to see white fluffy paws!! I jump back in surprise and catch a glimpse of a white fluffy tail!! I look down my nose to find a black shiny cold nose and a long pink tongue!! What happened to me?! One of the wolves turn into an elderly woman, she speaks.

"Don't be scared, you just had your first transformation, you are one of us now!"

"Not just one of us, you're our king!! Our Alfa!! "Another wolf adds.

The elderly woman leads me over to a beautiful blue lake. I lean close and look at my reflection, a white wolf stares back.

"I'm a werewolf'

The wolves gather together and chant.

"All hail king Elijah, the Alfa of the Luna Lake pack!!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!