Jack

Once in a land called Orstis, there was a young boy called Jack. Jack was 15 and nearly of age to get a job. There were five jobs that were available for a boy: becoming a farmer, a soldier, a marketer, a builder or a slave, which of course was the worst to become. Jack was eager to become a soldier. He knew that the lives of soldiers were dangerous, hard and demanding but he knew he would do well. Besides, he had the right shape for it, he was bulky and strong and was extremely big for his age.
By the time that the choosing day had come, Jack had been training and working extra hard to become fitter and healthier. Jack’s dad had called the chief of the soldier corps. “So master Jack. I assume you would like to be a part of the soldier corps ay’?” asked the chief. Jack nervously nodded, not knowing whether the chief was impressed or not. “Well, you certainly have the right figure to become a soldier and you look like you’ll work hard,” he paused for a moment, “I think it would be a wonderful idea to let you become part of the corps ay’?” he asked with a smile spreading across his face.
“Yes sir!” said Jack, saluting with his hand excitedly.
“Well, if your father’ll just sign here it’s done,” explained the chief,
“One moment,” said Jack’s dad, “Will I ever see my boy again?”
“Oh that’s for sure,” replied the chief, “You’ve seen the young soldiers training haven’t you?”
“Well, yes but will i get to talk to him and you know... just... see him?” “Why of course,” said the chief beginning to understand, “You’ll be able to visit every day!”
“Oh that’s a relief,” sighed Jack’s dad. “So Jack would you like to become a soldier? Trust me it wont be easy,” asked his dad. Jack thought about it for a moment. Finally he agreed, taking all of the consequences in to account. “Then it’s final!” said his dad, and with that he signed the contract. “Thank you and it’s been a pleasure doing business with you. Goodbye!” said the chief and then he walked out of their small home taking the contract with him.
Jack’s training started a week after. It was very hard work but Jack was good at it.
Finally, after about a month of soldier school he realised that he had settled in well and become a lot fitter and stronger. As he went to bed one night he had a dream about becoming chief. And over the years that he trained at soldier school, his dream ended up becoming true!

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!