Kalbie

Kalbie
“Kalbie, Kalbie” I franticly shouted down a collapsed mine shaft. My dog Kalbie had fallen down the mineshaft. I couldn’t hear anything from the bottom of the shaft. He could be dead. I crept towards the shaft, but what I didn’t know I was standing on an unstable rock. Before I had any time to move the rock gave way. I fell about 10 metres and then THUD!!! I hit the bottom. I was weak, shaking and nauseous. With my last ounce of energy, I reached into my pocket and took out my mobil phone. I started to call 000, just as I was about to press the call button something started to rip my hair out. I dropped my phone and swang my hand around the top of my head. I felt a large, furry, bony leg and then a deafening “WOOOOOOF!!!!” It was KALBIE! I as overwhelmed to see him. He came and dropped down next to me. He was weak, bleeding and worst of all slowly dying, but not if I could help it. I pressed the talk button on my phone. I got through to the operator. “Hello” she said. “What service will you require love” “Rescue, I’m stuck in the old mine shaft in John Forest National Park with my dog” I replied. “They will be there shortly”. We played some games on my phone like Fibre Twig to pass the time. Finally the rescue service got there and sent a man down called Andy. He said it will be a hard operation trying to get both of us up at the same time. We came to an agreement; because Kalbie was slowly dying, he went up with Andy. After about five minutes he came back down again and attached me to his safety harness. Up we went. When I got to the top Kalbie was playing happily. He had a large bandage around his leg and a saline drip in his paw. The rescuers fenced off the shaft and left with Kalbie and I.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!