S Stands For Special

Skye
“I don’t think I can do this!” I screamed over the wind.
“Sure you can!” Charlie shouted back. I looked over the side. If I jumped from this height It would almost be like hitting cement. I don’t want to die, I’m only fourteen years old for gods sake! “Don’t worry about it! I’ve done it a thousand times!” I wish Charlie would shut up already. I may be younger than her but I’m not stupid. If she was telling the truth she would of had to die and come back to life a thousand times over. My feet moved forward on their own to the edge of the cliff, Charlie close behind. Why did I let her talk me into doing this? I’m a smart person, I know the difference between right and wrong. I cant do this. Even if the water looks so welcoming. I cant, I cant, I cant. I’m not doing it. I’m going to turn around and never even think about doing something this stupid again. “Here, I’ll help,” Charlie distracted me from my little conversation with myself. But not by what she said, but by what she did. One minute I have two feet firmly on the ground, ready to run, then I’m flying through the air towards my death. It took me a few seconds to understand what had happened. The only thing I heard was Charlie cheering at the top of the cliff saying “GO SKYE!”, and the wind whooshing past my face. Then my screams. Then the splash of the water as I went through it.
I was right. It was like hitting cement. Every part of my body was in pain. Despite everything, I was thinking the stupidest thoughts, Like; I wonder what my funeral will be like, what will mum and dad think when they find out their only child has died? Will anyone miss me? I tried to move. To kick my legs, my arms, my head, anything! I was basically paralyzed. I was running out of oxygen. I didn’t know whether I was sinking or floating to the top, to much pain. I decided to open my eyes. It’s not like it was going to add much to the pain. But when I managed to find the muscles to open them, a surprising thing happened. Everything was so clear, like clearer than goggles. I got another shock when all the pain disappeared and I could move again. I was so surprised I didn’t realize my mouth had fallen open.
But no water was coming in.
TO BE CONTINUED

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!