Entry is NOW OPEN in the 2007 Write4fun Art Competition! We encourage students to enter their most creative piece of artwork and compete for the awesome First Prize of $1000 and the choice of either a Nintendo Wii or an Apple Ipod Nano!
Entrants are encouraged to let their creativity run wild as artwork can be in the form of a painting, drawing, photograph, collage, charcoal art or computer designed original art and are to be based on an 'Australiana' theme. Let your imagination run wild with ideas like Animals, Landmarks, People, Aboriginal Art etc...
Entry is FREE and all entries must be in by May 18th, 2007.The Prizes
First prize is $1000 (with $500 going to the student and $500 going to the school) and the choice of either a Nintendo Wii or an Apple Ipod Nano! The winning piece will also be displayed as the front cover of our 2007 art book! There are 15 Second prizes of $50 awarded to each student, and 64 Third prizes valued at $25.00.The Book
All artwork entered into the competition will be considered for inclusion into our 2007 Full Colour Anthology of Art! Those selected will have the opportunity to purchase the edition at a discounted rate.
1st and 2nd prizewinners will receive a complimentary copy of the book.
"We are very excited to be sponsoring this competition. Artwork is a valuable form of
creative expression and we are thrilled to be able to encourage students in this" stated
Michelle Bell, Operations Manager for Write4fun.The Rules
Only one entry per student
Entries must be the original work of the artist and no larger than A4 in size.
Entries can be drawings, paintings, computer art, photographs, collages or charcoal art
Entries must be in by 18th May, 2007
Scanned entries must be 300dpi and submitted in a TIFF file format
The First prize is AUD$1000.00 to be divided AUD$500.00 to the school and AUD$500.00 to the winning student plus their choice of either a Nintendo Wii or an Apple Ipod Nano!!, and the winning piece displayed on the front cover of the 2007 art edition. There are 15 Second prizes of AUD$50.00, which will be awarded to the selected students. There are 64 Third prizes worth AUD$25.00 which will be awarded to the selected students.
1. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. All entrants must be currently enrolled and attending as students at the school under which they enter.
3. Entries submitted should be NO LARGER THAN A4 IN SIZE, and can be one of the following: Photograph, drawing, painting, charcoal art, computer drawings or collages. You cannot include clipart, or colouring from colouring-in books as this is plagiarism. If your work is larger than A4, you will need to scan it down to A4 and submit it online/email or on disk/cd as a tiff file, at 300dpi.
4. One entry per student only.
5. Only artwork designed and created by one person may be submitted into this competition. Co-designed pieces will be disqualified.
6. Entries are to be in no later than May 18, 2007.
7. Copying existing artwork is called plagiarising and it is against the law. If plagiarism occurs, the entrant will be disqualified and their parents and teachers notified. Write4Fun will not be held responsible for any plagiarised artwork entered into the competition.
8. The artists’ name, age, address, grade level and school must appear on the reverse of the artwork.
9. Write4Fun reserves the right to disqualify unsuitable entries.
10. All care will be taken but no responsibility will be accepted for any misplaced artwork.
11. No updated, revised versions of entries will be considered after initial entry.
12. All prizewinners will be notified by mail.
13. Entries will not be returned.
14. If insufficient entries have been received in the opinion of the organisers, Write4Fun reserves the right to cancel the competition.