Entry is NOW OPEN in the 2008 Write4fun Art Competition! We encourage students to enter their most creative piece of artwork and compete for the awesome first prize of $2000 and the choice of either an Apple iPod Nano, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS Lite or Sony Digital Camera!
Entrants are encouraged to let their creativity run wild as artwork can be in the form of a painting, drawing, photograph, collage, charcoal art or computer designed original art (please no 3 dimensional pieces). There is no theme to the competition this year so entrants can coose to create their masterpiece as they please! Entry is FREE and all entries must be in by May 30, 2008.
The First prize is AUD$2000.00 to be divided AUD$1000.00 to the school and AUD$1000.00 to the winning student plus their choice of either an 8GB Apple Ipod Nano & $100 music voucher or Nintendo Wii + game or Nintendo DS LITE + 3 games, or a Sony Digital Camera + 1GB memory card, and a complimentary book and plaque. The winning piece will be displayed on the front cover of the 2008 art edition.
There is one Second prize of AUD$500.00 + complimentary book and art pencil set. There is one
Third prize of AUD$300.00 + complimentary book and art pencil set and 15 finalist prizes of $50 plus an art pencil set.
1. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. All entrants must be currently enrolled and attending as students at the school under which they enter.
3. Entries submitted should be NO LARGER THAN A4 IN SIZE, and can be one of the following: Photograph, drawing, painting, charcoal art, computer drawings or collages. You cannot include clipart, or colouring from colouring-in books as this is plagiarism. If your work is larger than A4, you will need to scan it down to A4 and submit it online/email or on disk/cd as a tiff file, at 300dpi.
4. One entry per student only.
5. Only artwork designed and created by one person may be submitted into this competition. Co-designed pieces will be disqualified.
6. Entries are to be in no later than May 30, 2008.
7. Copying existing artwork is called plagiarising and it is against the law. If plagiarism occurs, the entrant will be disqualified and their parents and teachers notified. Write4Fun will not be held responsible for any plagiarised artwork entered into the competition.
8. The artists’ name, age, address, grade level and school must appear on the reverse of the artwork.
9. Write4Fun reserves the right to disqualify unsuitable entries.
10. All care will be taken but no responsibility will be accepted for any misplaced artwork.
11. No updated, revised versions of entries will be considered after initial entry.
12. All prizewinners will be notified by mail.
13. Entries will not be returned.
14. If insufficient entries have been received in the opinion of the organisers, Write4Fun reserves the right to cancel the competition.