Never Had A Friend Like Me

The rain kept pounding aganist the ground. I sat there watching it soak me, not minding the cold that gripped over me. My light blonde hair dripped of water as well as my eyes. I kept crying to myself, reliving the scene that tore my heart.
Flashback
"What do you mean your leaving?" I screamed, grabbing him in desperation to make him stop packing.
"Cassandra, I'm sorry. I think it's healthier for both of us if we don't see each other anymore." Noah sighed.
"Noah, I still love you, you said you loved me" I begged him pathetically.
"We all say things we don't mean" Noah pushed me away.
"You can't leave me" I whispered through my tears.
"I'm leaving you because I love you" Noah said softly, then he left me, He left my life and he left with my torn heart. I crippled to the ground and cried.
End of Flashback
"If you love me, don't leave me" I murmured to myself.
I kept crying. Everything I had slipped through my fingers and now I lost it.
"Cassandra, is that you?" A husky voice spoke. I turned my head and saw Seth Bradley. I despised Seth Bradley he found some clumsy girl fairer than me.
I squinted my eyes through the rain and read his expression. Apparently I'm not the only one who is heartbroken.
"What's wrong with you?" I whispered faintly. Seth let a sad expression come over his face.
"Apparently Vanessa preferred your cousin Henry" I could hear Seth's heart breaking.
"What's your story?" Seth inquired
"Noah left me" I turned my gaze to the pond, watching ripples vanish. Before I knew it Seth had his arm around me and strange enough I took comfort in it.
"It's not healthy to stay out in the rain. Why don't you come back to my place" Seth asked with a small piece of hope in his voice.
I nodded my head. I found someone who could share my pain and that someone was the person I least it expected it to be. Seth extended his hand to me and I took it graciously and let a small giggle escape my lips.
"What?" Seth chuckled
"You're a very different sort-of-friend" I spoke gently
"You've never had a friend like me" Seth faced me. He started to lean down and I started to lean up. I felt his warm lips mold with mine as my arms locked around his neck. Seth tightened his grip on me not even caring about my soaked clothes. This moment was heaven bliss and none of us cared about the cold haven around us. When we pulled back, Seth smiled slightly. Seth put his arm around me and held me close. Seth managed to ease my pain. He managed to pick up the shattered pieces of my heart. It felt good to know somebody was waiting at the bottom of the cliff....Somebody willing to catch me when I fall.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!