Fashion Expert


Hi, my name is Shivaun. I am a fashion designer. I was planning a new ball gown for my red carpet tour.
I asked my mum for some tips. She said, “Just wear a t-shirt and a pair of jeans”.
“No!” I replied, “it is not a safari. “Trust me”, my mum said I know what’s best for you. I then thought my mum was kidding, but I could see in her eyes she was serious. I replied calmly, “no mother it is like wearing casual clothes to a wedding that you're having.
I started to design my dress
and make-up. I stitched my design and I went to the red carpet tour. When I reached, I realised that my mum was right. Everybody was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I froze for a minute. Everybody looked at me and started laughing!!!! I ran back to my house and , changed to a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. When I reached, everybody was still laughing. “STOP”!!! I cried. Everybody frowned, “so what if I forgot it was a casual red carpet tour”. I ran out of the building as a tear fell onto the ground. I opened the door to my house and found my mum on the couch knitting.
“ What is the matter” she said as I ran into my room. I shut the door and jumped onto my bed. My mum came into my room. “What is the matter” she said. I told my mum about everything that happened at the red carpet tour.
“Sweetie, a lot of kids think what their mother says is crazy. But mothers know what's best for their child”. Then I listened to my mum's words and I NEVER had a problem again.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!