A Blink Of An Eye

I wish she would just go away. I wish that she would just disappear in a blink of an eye. But guess what? She didn’t. As I turned the dreadful corner, there she was waiting for me with her gang of wannabes. “Hey Einstein.” Cathy sneered. Cathy is the Year 6 bully. She always calls me Einstein even though my names Jenny. It’s because I’m not smart at all. I try to push past her. She grabs my shoulder as I pass. “In a rush” she hisses, flashing me her winning smile. I suddenly felt unbelievably brave. “Leave me alone you fat old bully”. I sneer back at her. Cathy looks shocked then smiles at me. “Oh I see. Got to get back to your umm special sister.” I tense up. She was talking about my disabled sister Alice. “Oh no she didn’t.” I mutter and take a threatening step toward her. “You leave me and my sister alone.” I focus on one of the girls behind her. She suddenly is lifted several feet in the air. She screams and I drop her back to the ground. Cathy screams and sprints as fast and as far away from me as she can. I smile. I have a feeling that she won’t be coming back any time soon. Even if she tells no-one will believe her. I look at my hands and a tiny electric spark comes out. Right now my powers only work at times when I’m angry but eventually I will probably be able to use them whenever I want. Imagine what that will be like. I continue my walk home. I guess it is pretty funny how Cathy did end up disappearing in a blink of an eye.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!