Daily Hero

Mum's tear slid down her cheek, slowly. She sat in the corner of the kitchen, knee's up to her chest, and her head resting on the edge of her leg. Her eyes were the deep blue ocean, innocent, so beautiful.The silence took my breath away. I was only 7, my long blone hair drooped over my back. I discreetly crept into the bathroom and grabbed some tissues for mum. I was absaloutley and utterly terrified. "Here you go Mummy, don't cry." I whispered.
"Go to bed baby, thankyou, i love you."
They were the word that sent me off to my bedroom, without a word i lay in my bed. I heard a scream, i ran out into the kitchen and found mummy on the floor with blood all over her arms and hands.
"MUMMY!" I yelped. The tears were pouring down my sorrowful face.

Mum looked at me with painful spits of love. She touched my face gently and wiped the tears away. I had to be like stone now, strong. I called the hospital, I was only young and luckily i knew 000. "Mummy i love you, I'm all that you need, and your all i need." She has almost cried a river and then. The ambulance. I held mum's hand as we walked towards the flashing over-sized vehicle.

It had been hard for mum, She had to pay rent all by herslef because daddy left with my brother who i hadn't seen since the age of 4.

"What you don't know is all that you know." whispered mummy into my ear. She was finally back from hospital, she had hurt herself but it was ripping me apart on the inside. But when all you see is darkness, keep faith and it will guide you into the light. Let love be there, for faith will forever see hope.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!