Needles

As she sat on the rock hard bed, pain flowing through her tender back, the smell of disinfectant drifted up her nose. She squeezed her mum's hand trying to switch her focus to the lovely nurse who was struggling to distract her from the needle about to pierce her skin. She could feel the fear, not only from her, but from her mother getting more distressed by the minute. She could see the tears streaming down her nose. They ran into her mouth leaving a taste like the ocean. Feeling her mum's tense yet comforting hand in hers, she felt the next needle strike her back. More pain and more tears flowed. The pain felt by the girl was so strong, you could feel it out the door and down the corridor. The last needle went in, and it was all over. What had felt like hours of agony, was only just a moment of pain.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!