A City Eats My Home

One day when I was gathering nuts
I scampered over the forest floor and to my shock and surprise I lost my claw.
My paw was caught in a shiny steel trap and the pain and the blood made me collapse.
Why were these men who wanted me gone, away from home, away from Bollygum?
A beautiful orange butterfly fluttered around my sore paw,
almost trying to soothe and take away my pain.
I almost didn't even feel the light rain.
A bower bird hopped nearby and tried to open the ugly steel trap, he pecked and he bit and eventually I was free.
Bollygum the forest, was paradise for me, the men who were clearing it were real mean.
The city was growing and taking over our homes,
We were powerless because we were animals fighting alone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!