Vegetables Turn Alive

Once upon a time there was a boy called Jim who hated vegetables and every night his mum put vegetables on his plate. One night when they were having dinner Jim said ‘why did you put vegetables on my plate you know I hate them?’ ‘Because they are good for you’ replied the mum, but Jim didn’t eat them so he got no ice cream. The mum was sick of Jim not eating his vegetables so she went to the shops to buy something. At the shops she went into lane 4 and got some vegetable stuff to make the vegetables turn alive. When the mum was cooking she snuck the vegetable stuff in to make the vegetables turn alive. At dinner time when Jim jabbed the fork into the caret the carrot said ‘ouch get that fork out of me ‘Jim jumped up in fear and then the broccoli yelled ‘don’t hurt my friend’. Then the carrot, broccoli and the peas grabbed the fork and started attacking Jim. Then all the vegetables in the pot started attacking Jim too. Jim went screaming up into his bedroom and made a note to give to his mum it said ‘please make the vegetables stop attacking me’. Jim made it into a paper plane and threw it to his mum. His mum read the note and sent one back saying ‘if you want them to stop come down and say that you will eat your vegetables’. So Jim went down stairs and said to the vegetables ‘ ok I’ll eat my vegetables on one condition if you stop attacking me’ ‘ok’ replied the vegetables. The next night Jim was eating his vegetables and he said to his mum ‘vegetables are quite nice’. That’s how they live having vegetables every night.

The End










FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!