Harry's Big Race

Once upon a time there was a turtle named Harry. Harry was a kind turtle. He was probably the kindest turtle who ever lived. Why you ask, well he would do charity work and help people to do the things they needed to do.
But while Harry does those things, he is thinking about his dream, He wants to win the 100 metre sprint in the Olympics. Ten years ago his dad won it in the great turtle Olympics. That is why he wanted to win, to make his dad proud. But there was one thing in his way - he wasn’t a very fast turtle. He didn’t run often so he didn’t win the races he attempted. He couldn’t even place.
So one day Harry decided to train, as hard as possible. He trained so hard, that 2 years later he was going to the great turtle Olympics. Harry’s mum was so happy and Harry’s dad was so proud that his son got to go to the Olympics just like he did 10 years ago.
When they were at the Olympics in Russia, Harry’s little sister was tugging on her mum’s arm so she could go and see the Russian horses. Harry’s little sister Rose loved horses. She couldn’t wait to see them. Harry and his dad went to the stadium. There were millions of people!! Harry had a sudden wave of stage fright but he was too exited to be afraid. Harry was on at 3:30 pm. The time was 12:00 o’clock.
“What do you want to do dad? Harry asked.
“You want to look at my record?” asked Dad.
“Ok, let’s go.”
“There it is. My record” said Dad. “100 metre sprint 11.52 seconds.”
“Wow Dad. That is amazing,” said Harry.
Meanwhile Rose was chasing horses around.
Harry’s mum called out “Rose!!!! Come here we are going to see Harry’s big race.” Meanwhile Harry was getting ready for his race. His competitor was called Tony Turtle.
“He looks tough,” said Harry.
“Don’t worry,” said dad. “Just try as hard as you can.”
“Ok Dad.”
It was time for the big race.
“I am ready” said Harry.
Harry lined up for the race. On your marks, get set, GO!!!!!!! Harry was winning but Tony was catching up. They were coming to the finish line. They were neck and neck. They sprinted across the finish line. It’s a photo finish. The photo will reveal the winner. Oh, and I forgot to tell you I guess you don’t know what type of turtle Harry is, well he is a long neck turtle. Now back to the results - the picture revealed Harry won by a neck. The crowd went wild. Now for the time - a new record, 10.67 seconds - beating his dad’s own record.
“Good match Tony,” said Harry. Harry was so exited he did a back flip on the ground. His dad came over. “You won and you even beat my record. You’re a real winner son.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!