Fantastic 4



I woke up to a sunny morning; I turned around in my bed and looked at my alarm clock. Oh great I thought, the electricity must have gone off last night because my alarm was flashing 12:00. I started to look around my room for another source of power that could tell me the time. Ah hah I thought again, my phone. I found my phone under my bed and saw that it was 8:30 so I decided I better get up because I had a netball match on today, and I had a feeling we were going to win.



“I have a feeling we are going to win today Mum,” I said in an excited voice. We were in the car driving to the netball courts. “Ruby have you got everything” my Mum asked in a concerned voice. “Hmm let me check, water bottle, sports drink, jacket, is that all” I asked.”Yep that’s all” said Mum. “ Now, there’s not many car parks close by, so you get out here with all your stuff while I find one” Mum explained. Finding my team was easy, you see, my three best friends and I all play netball together. We have known each other since Kindergarten. There is Mish (short for Michelle) Lilly and Alice and we call ourselves “The Fantastic Four.” We all have super powers too; Mich has the power of strength, Alice can make rainbows appear but only when she is happy, Lilly is able to speed things up including herself and I can make things hot enough to melt into lava.



We all played really well and it was a very close game and we managed to win by two goals. Everyone was jumping around and cheering. It was our first win of the season. Just then I had a splendid idea, “Mum, can I invite Mish, Lilly and Alice over to celebrate” I asked. “Well” Mum began to say” “please I begged” “Okay” said Mum. So off we all went to my house and when we walked in the front door we saw a game of monopoly on the coffee table, “Why don’t you girls play monopoly outside” suggested mum “Well I would like to do that, what about you guys, do you want to do that as well?” I asked Alice, Mish and Lilly. They all nodded they heads quickly and Mish whispered “Let’s go to the secret hideout to play.” So after lunch we went out to the secret hideout with the monopoly board game. After passing Welder St, Jolly Rd and Martha Crescent we finally got there. Alice and Lilly set up monopoly while Mish and I got food. Eight minutes later we were halfway through the game and we decided to have a break. “Let’s play with our power’s” said Mish, “Yeah it will be fun” Lilly exclaimed excitedly. We tried 3 different things and nothing happened, we decided to try one more time then we would go back to the monopoly game. “ONE, TWO, THREE!” we all shouted, then something happened all the furniture was growing, we were swirling around, “what’s happening” Lilly shouted.



Everything was a blur, but when my eyes finally adjusted I heard a piercing scream. ”Ahhhhhhh” someone yelled “Let’s go back, LETS GO BACK” someone else yelled, “Where are we?” I asked. “Why you’re in monopoly land” an unfamiliar man’s voice said. “Oh no, how do we get out of here” Alice said, with a hint of worry in her voice. “Hello young people, I am Mr Monopoly and I welcome you to monopoly land. I’m afraid that you will have to finish your game of monopoly to get back to your world.” We all looked at one another quite mystified at what was going on and decided to do what Mr Monopoly said.

So we played the rest of the game, I ended up in jail once and Alice got the free parking twice! 30 minutes passed and I was getting tired, I could see the others were as well. “There must be a way to speed things up” I said tiredly to myself. “That’s it, speed thing up,” I shouted. “Lilly would you be able to speed things up?” I yelled. I had to shout very loud because she was directly across the board from me and of course the board was now as big as a football field. “Yeah I think so, oh and great idea” Lilly shouted back, “We will be out of here in no time” Mish said excitedly, Poor Alice was very worried, as she was the one out of all of us that did tend to stress the most. So Lilly sped things up and before we knew it the game was over. Mr Monopoly said we had to count the money to see who had won and then we would be able to go home. Alice was the winner. With that sorted, Mr Monopoly told us to hold hands and count to three. Before we knew it we were back at the secret hideout and we decided that we had to be more careful when using our powers. We also decided that one day we would go back to monopoly land for another adventure.

By Taylah Robinson

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!