Keys Please Mate

“Why do I have to clean the pool, it doesn’t seem fair, Mum told you to clean out the pool and empty the bin,” I yelled so my tonsils were sore. “Well they’re not going to clean themselves now are they?” she asked, so the cup cakes would not hear her.
“You’re such a drama queen and stop talking to your cup cakes like there your children, it’s creepy,” I said with a quiver to my voice.
“Hey girls, I forgot my keys can you help me find them please? Kassie, you’re coming with me to work today because I need a hand,” Dad said.
Before I could answer Sara, was in like a flash. “What about me can I come too Daddy?” she asked with them wide open eyes which she used to get her own way with. I was praying that Dad didn’t buy it.
“No, sorry honey I need someone small that will get dirty and I know you don’t like getting dirty so that’s why I chose Kassie,” he said with out a doubt in his voice. So before he changed his mind I was in the car in a flash and nothing was said and nothing was done until Dad got in the car with his bus pass.
“Why do you have your bus pass Dad?” I asked, “Because I still can’t find the keys so we have to catch the local bus. Do you have a bus pass?” he asked as we got out of the car.
Then I noticed that Dad’s keys were still in the car door. “Hey Dad um…..your car keys are in the door,” I said trying not to let him see me smile.
“I knew that, ok, we are already late so hurry up and get in the car please, we are in a rush,” he said impressed.
We got to the main intersection when Dad was about to go round the roundabout, then I heard a screeching noise. Our car was going side ways, before I had a chance to say anything I was thrown through the window and landed smack on the ground. I was unconscious; when I woke up I was in hospital, after surgery. I heard one of the nurses say that I was awake and breathing fine so I was taken to the recovery ward.
I had tests and a blood test done, in all I came up positive and seemed to be living the life, but I could not remember what happened to me. The one thing I remember I was with my Dad.
“Nurse, where is my Dad?” I asked wearily.
“Well, he didn’t make it through the surgery.” I just sat on my bed feeling sorry for myself, my family and most of all, my Dad. I’m going to miss him so badly; he was my all time hero.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!