Magic

One glorious sunny day a young, handsome boy sat on a bright, blue bench. His name was Lucas Thomas.

He wasn't proud of his name so his firends called him Luke. You know he's not that cool, in fact every year at his class assembly he is pronounced as the dumbest dork in school. But this kid is not dumb, not to ever-exaggerate but he knows everything.

One day his favourite Grandma came over. He loves her because she always spoils him rotten; she gives him the newest electronics out and lots of different presents. Anyway, his favourite Grandma came over on a really rainy day. She said to him, "You know I love you."
"Yes, I love you too." He answered waiting for his present.
"I will give you this colouful kite." His wrinkly Grandma came up close and said to him, "it's magical as well." The grandson thought she was joking but he knew that when Gran told a joke she winked. Guess what? She didn't.

Luke was excitedly playing with the kie out the front of his crumbly old house and suddenly the kite started to glow. He instantly though about what Gran had said to him. Then it gradually started to flip and twist. it started to float off into space. He panicked when he realised the kite had taken him with it.

After floating for what felt like an eternity, Luke and the kite arrived in a place that he had never seen before. "Wow," he swirled around while treading on some gorgeous flowers. He wondered if the kite could actually be magical. Then and there he saw a unicorn. "Wow!" He cried, "it is beautiful." I wonder if it talks maybe the unicorn could help get back home.

Suddenly an elf appeared out of nowhere. The elf said to Lucas, "you must get out of here."
"Why?" he questioned.
"Every year there is a war." replied the Elf.
"Really?"
"Yes," replied the elf. "I must go."
"Okay..." Luke replied worriedly.

He tried walking around again to find the kite. Bang!! 'Oh no! I think the war has started already. I quickly need to find the kite.' Luke thought to himself. 'Where would a magical kite be in a magical world? I know at the park.'

Huffing and Puffing he arrived at the park finally. 'Oh I can't see any kite.' He worried he would be stick there forever. Then suddenly he found it underneath the slide, so he stuck his head under and grabbed it. There's no button to transport me. 'Ah! It's the same feeling. I'm disappearing.

Before he knew it, he was up and away, high in the air. He said to himself, "hopefully I'm going back to Earth.'

In a blink of an eye he was back on earth.

By: Alana Sexton age: 11 year: 5
School: Leeming Primary School.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!