Last Day Of Happiness

My heart skipped a beat as the sirens blared. Panic washed over me when the ambulance eased around the curve. As quick as a flick of the fingers my mother, father and little sister have vanished into the air. Questions ran through my head. What did they do wrong? Why them? All of these people lost, for just a carton of milk. The innocent people are the ones that go away young. Not a scratch on me but I’m scared for life.

Someone approached me from behind and tapped me on the shoulder. She looked scary but her voice was sweet. She said “You have to into care”. I hate this I lost my family now I have to go live with someone I don’t even know. Why can’t I do anything I want? All I want is my family, but how stupid am I wanting something I know I can never have back.

I feel so lost. Even though I wished I could leave my family, now I only want my family back including my little sister. Without them I feel lonely and hopeless, like someone’s got a large knife and cut me in half. Like I can only dream of having high spirits again, but I don’t think I can be happy without them.

This is my entire fault; it wasn’t supposed to end like this. None of this was planned to happen. This all doesn’t make sense. Why did we spill the milk? Why did we have to go and replace it? Why was the car speeding? Why did I dawdle? Why couldn’t of we been warned? Why did this have to happen to me? Why did the car drive off? It’s just a whole of why’s but is there an actual reason or was all of this an accident. Will the questions live on never being answered?

Officers visited today, asked me to go with them? I tried to speak but nothing came out, so I nodded instead. The drove me down to this old building, I could barely sit in the car knowing my family was killed by one of these monsters. I walked through the doors, I then turned and ran. I couldn’t do it, people starring at me then walking off. It’s like it doesn’t mean anything to them. Do they know how this makes me feel? Would they ever wonder what would happen to me? Or does everyone know my future except me? Am I acting blind or are they? Will anyone know the truth or will this be a questions never answered?

Will any questions be answered or will they live on like many others, but there’s one question that will be answered. Will I get over it and forget all about my childhood? I will never forget my family, never!





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!