Magic In The Night

Magic in the Night

CHAPTER ONE


The coloured flashes shone across the grass. It was deep into the night. None of the villagers who were asleep in their beds had ever known anything like this… until now.
One morning, very early – so early that the morning light was barely visible, a boy with black hair went to milk the cows on his parent’s farm. His faded red sweater blew in the wind. He was just about to milk one of the cows when his bucket blew away. He ran after the rusty bucket. As he grabbed it and turned around to go back to the cows, he saw an enormous streak of light. Instead of walking back to the cows he slowly stumbled over to where he had seen the flash come from. Suddenly there was another flash. The boy went a little closer and as he got nearer there was another flash and then another.
Most people would have been frightened by these mysterious lights but he was a curious boy, so he did not run away. He climbed over a fence, then he ran over a small hill and there was the largest brick wall he had ever seen.
Then there was another flash which came from over the other side of the wall. The boy wondered how he was going to get over it. He then saw there were some vines that reached over the top of the wall. He scrambled carefully up the vines, reaching the top of the wall very rapidly. As he peered cautiously over the wall he saw… something he never could have imagined in his wildest dreams.
But before he could do or say anything, something like a bolt of lighting struck his shoulder and he fell forward and landed luckily or unluckily on a prickly bush. “Ow!” he yelled. Suddenly two strong arms grabbed him and hissed “Shhhh!” . A blond haired boy pulled him out the bush while the farm boy tried to pull out the prickles from his coal black hair and ragged sweater. Dazed from his fall and wondering what was happening, he tried to focus on what he could see in front of him. Through blurring eyes he saw a dark figure wearing what looked like, at that moment, a dark cone shape on its head, a long cape and was waving a stick, from which sparks were flying back and forth towards a stone structure which was like a doorway. There were buildings and people dressed in strange clothing that he did not recognise… None of this belonged on his family’s farmland. What was going on?
The boy with blond hair said to him “ Don’t move that’s the most evil man that ever lived… and if he sees you he will enslave you and you will be trapped in his world forever. We are time travellers and Malakeii holds my people as prisoners and uses us for his evil deeds. We need your help…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!