Vanessa The Happy Fairy

Vanessa The Happy Fairy

By Hayley Sheville

“I can’t wait till we get to the festival” smiling at Kirsty Tate giggling. “ I wonder whether we are going to see a fairy this summer” because Kirsty and Rachel were friends with the fairies when ever Queen Titania and King Oberon needed help in fairy land they would help. Just then Rachel spotted some fairy dust and tugged Kirsty “What” Rachel said in a determined voice as she turned around. Now Kirsty could see what Rachel had spotted and out came Vanessa. “Hello Rachel and Kirsty she squeaked. Rachel and Kirsty smiled.
She waved her wand and they whizzed to fairy land. The King and Queen were there “Once again we need your help.” “Is it Jack Frost again?” Rachel asked “Yes”, said the King. He has Vanessa’s Happy Bag. Vanessa wore a glittering dress, pretty pink shoes, fragile glittering blue wings and a sad face. “Everybody is sad unless I get my happy bag back from Jack Frost”
Rachel gasped.
Meanwhile at the castle Jack Frost felt angry with himself because the happy bag made some of the goblins naughty and some of them very nice. It also melted his ice castle of power. So he used his magic wand and SWOOSH he teleported the happy bag into Mr and Mrs Greggers garden as the water smoothened. ”You see why we need your help” said the Queen. “We will help you”, they said.

The girls threw a ball over the fence at the Greggers house so they could get the happy bag. They knocked on the door, Mrs Gregger got the door. “Good morning Rachel and this must be Kirsty” said Mrs Gregger.” Well we’ve got our ball over your fence” said Kirsty “Come through the back door and you can look for your ball” said Mrs Gregger politely. “Thankyou Mrs Gregger”, chorused Rachel and Kirsty together. Mrs Gregger showed the way to the back door they rushed out. They searched for the happy bag instead of searching for the ball. They couldn’t find it anywhere. Then a sparkle caught Kirsty’s eye. She tugged Rachel, ”Look Rachel” said Kirsty pointing at the sparkle on a leaf and what bursted out, Vanessa. “Hello Rachel and Kirsty I think I know where my happy bag is” “Where” said Rachel and Kirsty together. She turned them into fairies and they flew to the roof, they see the happy bag on the antennae. But before they reached it a goblin snatched it off the antennae. “GET HIM” squealed Vanessa. She turned the girls back into human size and they chased after the goblin. But two more appeared. Rachel kept running, Kirsty got really tired from running fast. Then Rachel tackled the goblin and got the happy bag. Mrs Gregger was coming out the back door, so Rachel and Kirsty scootered off the roof quickly and the got the ball. Vanessa hid in Rachel’s pocket. The goblin whizzed away quickly back to the ice-castle.
They said “Goodbye” to Mr and Mrs Gregger and hid behind a thorn tree where no one could see them. Vanessa whizzed out and said, “Thankyou girls, I’m very proud of you. You did a great job” she waved her wand and the happy bag disappeared back to Fairy Land. “I should be getting back too” and she disappeared.
“WOW that was another great adventure ”said Rachel and they walked back to Rachel Walkers house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!