Sara And I


SARA AND I
One day, there was a child named Lucy (that’s me!). I lived in an orphanage. I always wanted to find out who my parents where so one night I crept down the stairway and it made a small clicky-clack sound. I was heading to the door as I thought, ‘Only two more steps to go!’ then I bumped a glass ornament and it made a loud noise. A bit of fragment fell to the ground, then I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. I thought to myself, ‘I better hide, but where?’ So I hid behind the sofa and waited until someone came down and turned on the light. It was Sara, a friend that I had made. I lifted up my head and I bumped it on the sofa, then Sara said ‘Who is it? Please don’t hurt me.’ ‘Hi Sara’ I said. ‘What are you doing?’ Sara asked. I explained to her and asked her if she wanted to find her parents and she said ‘of course! I would love to go with you!’ and I gave her a smile.

So before we went out, we checked our pockets for any money for our journey. I had to have some money to buy some food along the way. Its probably going to take a few months so we needed some money, so we went upstairs and looked in our bags. I had fifty dollars in my bag and Sara had seventy dollars. I thought ‘We have enough – hold on, we don’t have enough to go for a couple of months!’ So we scrimmaged through our bags again but we didn’t have any more money left. But then we remembered that there was one hundred dollars in the special jar, so we lifted up the jar and very carefully took the one hundred dollars, then we set off!

First we bought a whole lot of food for if we got lost. We went for a little walk and bought a bottle of water and a backpack to put our food in. But we had just found out that our parents were on the other side of Australia, so we decided to go on a bush walk on the way.

We started walking in the bush and left breadcrumbs along the way so we didn’t get lost. But we didn’t know that the birds were eating them. So we went into the forest further and further. ‘I think we’re lost’, Sara said. ‘I think we’re lost too’ I said. ‘Sssssss’ we heard. ‘What was that? I’m getting scared and its getting dark!’ I said. ‘I know and I’m getting cold! Lets try to build a fire’ Sara said. ‘Wait, what was that? It sounded like someone was saying your name Sara and mine as well. Yes it is someone – look!’ I said. ‘Help!’ we shouted, ‘Who are you?’ ‘We are your real parents’ they replied. Our mouths dropped to the floor. ‘Are you really our parents?’ we asked. ‘Yes and we have been looking for you both for a long time’ they said. ‘So that means we are sisters?’ we replied in disbelief. ‘Yes’ they said laughing, ‘Come on girls, lets go home’ they said with a big hug and kiss. And we all lived happily ever after!

By Tia Adams

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!