The Mysterious Planet

Finalist in the 'Xtreme Read 2009' competition

Smash! Bang! Boom! went the rocket ship as it crashed on a mysterious planet. The people in the rocket ship were not hurt but they were terrified.
When astronaut Tim and astronaut Buzz got out of the ship, they got stuck in sticky, green, cold and wet goo. “Help me Buzz!” said Tim as he was shivering, but Buzz replied, “I am stuck too!” Buzz suddenly realised he had a special tool that can remove stuff off your shoe. He wasn’t sure if it would work but he tried. Zap! went his tool and this laser beam melted the sticky goo away.
After Buzz zapped Tim’s boots, they saw an enormous, giant crater that looked like a monster opening its mouth. “Gosh that looks spooky,” said Tim. Suddenly Tim lost his balance and accidentally fell into the large crater. “Help me!” yelled Tim. Buzz said, “I’m coming to help you! Hang on to my rope and start climbing!”

When Tim got out, they saw an interesting, dark cave to the right, but then they realised there were actually two different caves. Then they both said at the same time, “Which one should we go into?” “Let’s go into the bigger one,” said Buzz. “OK!” said Tim.
When they stopped at the end of the cave, they saw scary, spooky shadows that made them shiver with fear. They started running fast like a cheetah getting its prey. They turned around and saw these weird, little, tiny creatures with one big eye and they were the height of two pencils. Tim yelled, “Buzz, quick, before they get us!” Buzz yelled back, “They look like Martians!” The Martians made these loud noises that sounded like a wolf howling. Buzz and Tim wobbled like jelly.
When they finally got out of the cave, they saw millions of Martians waiting outside for them. “How will we get through?” said Tim as his heart was thumping so loudly that he could hear it. “But Tim, there are also Martians behind us!” replied Buzz. Buzz remembered that they had on special, fast, speedy boots that can be turned on by pushing the green button on the heel of their boots. “Quick Tim, activate your speedy boots,” said Buzz. They accelerated past the Martians like a flash of lightning!
They were so happy to escape when suddenly BIZZZSSSSSS! the batteries on their boots went flat. The Martians caught up with Tim and Buzz who were now turning white with fear. “We are NOT going to eat you because you are much too big for us,” said the leader of the Martians, who was taller and had a bigger eye than the others. “Thank goodness!” said Tim. “Can you please help us fix our rocket ship?” said Buzz.
So they all worked together to fix the rocket ship and can you believe what they used to put the rocket ship back together? Goo!!! Tim and Buzz went back safely to earth and felt grateful to the Martians.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!