Vampire Bite

“I love you,” Those three words changed my world; everything just seemed to freeze and melt into place making everything better, making my heart whole again.
Tears welled up in my eyes, I couldn’t believe the words he was saying, and I couldn’t believe he was saying them to me! Out of everyone in the world he chose me to be the one to say it to. I never thought that he would ever be capable of feeling that emotion for anyone, especially me, but the look in his eyes told me he did.
I encircled my arms around his neck and pulled his lips down to mine, the tears left from the brim of my eyes and flooded onto my cheeks, he pulled away surprised.
“What’s wrong?” Worry was written across his handsome, no; sexy, features.
“Nothing, everything is perfect,” I pulled his lips down to mine again.
Our lips were practically synchronized, his lips felt so strong and filled with so much passion and so much love against mine, and at that moment I would rather die than end this moment. I could feel his hands placed on my thighs holding me to him, holding me as close as he possibly could, it was so right.
We both pulled away to breathe a little, but the breathing lasted for no more than a second before our lips met again but this time his explored a little, his trailed down my neck then back up to my lips then to my ear then he kissed his way down to my throat and lingered there grazing his teeth softy against the skin, this made my heart skip a beat but that was soon gone as soon as his teeth sank down into the soft tissue like flesh of my throat and breaking through the vein, pain surged through me suffocating me, wrapping me in a painful cocoon, when he was finished my heart had stopped beating, my life had been snuffed out from a bite that lasted no longer than a couple of seconds.
I touched my neck surprised that I was not dead yet, no blood seeped from the place he just bit me, there was no more pain, I traced my fingers along the spot he but me and I couldn’t even feel where he had broken the skin though I could feel something that felt like a scar.
He smiled at me sinisterly flashing his fangs that were covered with blood, my blood, and he extended his hand towards me waiting for me to place my hand in his, I hesitated but then took his hand. He lent forward and brushed his lips across mine as if to test me, to see if I could hold back, but I couldn’t, I pushed myself onto him kissing him hungrily and he didn’t hesitate he kissed back right away but then stopped and moved his lips to my ear breathing heavily.
“Now we can be together forever...” He kissed the spot just below my ear and then brought his lips back to my ear. “You are now my immortal princess... You’re a vampire,”
I gasped a little in surprise but my surprise vanished as soon as his lips were on mine again, I didn’t care what I was as long as I was with him nothing else mattered, I knew there was no going back now, I was changed for life.

I woke up looking around me; my heart broke not seeing him there. It was just a dream, he wasn’t real. The thought completely shattered me; I couldn’t live without him any longer. There aren’t any sharp objects in a mental institute, which is where they kept me these days after all my attempts of suicide. They had clipped my nails though they would not reach the veins in my wrist even if I tried but they couldn’t do anything about my teeth. I bent towards my wrist with my teeth brushing lightly against my skin, it reminded me of when he was about to bite me, but this time I would be biting myself, I had to do this quickly before someone looked on the monitors and realised what I was doing. I screamed as I bit down into my skin breaking the skin instantly, pain filled me, bitter sweet blood filled my mouth and swam down my throat, and I greeted it with a smile. I heard footsteps pound towards my room, I took another bite into my skin and this time I got the vein, I felt my heart slow, the blood flowed out of my wrist and onto the mattress I slept on, but not anymore. My life didn’t flash before my eyes like I believed it would, nothing spectacular of magical happened, I just died, another life snuffed out, no one would really notice, no one would really care, but I was free now, I never felt more alive...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!