Tears

The tears fell on his face. Everyone stared at him. They all knew what she meant to him, so they let him cry. Come back he screamed mentally. Another part of his mind tried to convince him that she was alive and well on Earth.
“An angel now, “His sister had said.”She is with the angels now.”
Normally his sister’s words comforted him, but not now. Not when…He shook his head. It was not his fault, nor was it her’s. Her. His body ached for her warmth for his only love.
The black coffin stood there a constant reminder and pain that evening. Her parents hadn’t looked him in the eye let alone speak to him since the night…
“I love you.”He whispered in her hair.
She laughed softly.”I love you too. I won’t ever leave you.”She looked into my eyes.”I promise.”She pulled him in for a small kiss. His heart rate sped up.
Only one small kiss and he couldn’t control his heart. He laughed at his own love.
“Let’s go if you want dinner and a movie.”He said.
“Only if I can drive.”She replied.
“Ugh you’re impossible.”
“Thank you.”She said sitting in the driver’s seat.
“Time to go.”He whispered.
The car flew by at turned and smiled at him.
“Hey! Eyes on the road.”He said moving her head toward the road playfully.
“Okay mister police.”She laughed again and it filled him with such love that he could no longer speak.
I truly love her he thought smiling. She peaked over at him and smiled too. No more sadness. Always smiles with her.
The car drove at the steady rate, right past a stoplight. ” Hey…”
“The car!”Her panicked reply seemed to wake his instincts up.
“What about…”
“The brakes…”Her eyes watered as she turned to me.
“Tu…”
A car came blinding them both and causing her to move the wheel to far too the left. Time stalled for a moment. I saw her with tears falling quietly down her cheek.
She turned to me.”I love…”
The car hit…
He quickly snapped out of it. His parents eyed him wearily. Not meaning to have stopped he quickly made his way to the coffin.
He put a small bouquet of Larkspurs, Forget-Me-Nots, and a lavender rose on her final resting place.
“I love you.”He touched the coffin one last time and walked away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!