Vapour

I felt the cool breeze fall against my face as I entered the bloodcurdling woodland. I observed the trees and was searching through my intelligence to figure out where I was. It was no use, too much had happened, and my memory was already full of the tragedy from the previous day. My head was swirling with so many unanswered questions.I had to leave, there was no other option, my life change completely once I met him.
My name is Mary James, but everyone calls me M.J for short. I am fifteen and go to Bethany High School, Florida. My best friend is Chelsea; she has silky blonde hair and is always very curious and stubborn. Unlike me, I have long brunette hair with blonde highlights. I am always very understanding but although I’ve got friends I’m intent on being alone. My parents are divorced. I live with my dad in Florida and my mum lives in London with her boyfriend.
Yesterday at school Chelsea and I were sunbaking on the grass in front of the chemistry lab. We were chatting about boys. Chelsea seemed fine until I brought up the name Sam Brown. She froze like I had just tipped icy cold water down her back. Sam Brown is my boyfriend. However, Chelsea has always been jealous since he asked me out in grade 7. She always said when I mentioned his name I acted like there was something she didn’t know and, of cause she asked. I just said I didn’t know what she was talking about. But truly I did. There were only three things I knew about Sam Brown 1. I was insanely in love with him 2. He loved me back 3. HE WAS A WERWOLF.
Chelsea invited Sam and I over to her house for dinner.
“This is what you wear to dinner?” she asked, greeting us at the door.
“Please Chelsea let’s not begin the night like that.” I requested, I heard Sam grumble unhappily behind me.
“What?”Chelsea snapped at Sam
“Sam tell her, it’s about time she knew!” I pushed Sam in front of me.
A long pause of silence swept across the house
“.......I’m a werewolf “his answered came quietly.
“What, that’s ridiculous” she exclaimed.
“No really” he reassured her. I saw him as he rapidly changed his shape.
“Why didn’t you ever tell me M.J? Get out of here you......you.....DOG!” she shrieked in repulsiveness
“Chelsea calm down you’re over reacting” I shouted over her screaming.
“NO! I just found out that your boyfriend is nothing but a mongrel of sorts ,how can you NOT overreact?
Sam’s paws were shaking mildly as he walked towards me “I knew this was a bad idea” he murmured as I continued to slash Chelsea with cutting remarks. The fact of the matter was that my friend wasn't much to look at herself, and she had no right to criticize neither man nor beast.



TO BE CONTINUED......

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!