Dear Mother.

Like great gaping eyes the windows remain wide awake always gazing outwards, they let the sea salt wonder in to glisten on the spider webs adorning every dusty corner.
It's the strangest attention too detail.
So wild but so perfected by chance,
I enjoy June and worship the middle hours of morning when the sun is rising over the simmering cup of black pleasure.
I love it here I adore the tranquility.
I see now, clearly in fresh diamond air that you dug holes for everything
But it's not holes or cement that kept me locked in a devious dance with you, it was your indifference stone cold between your lily petal lips and that cutting razor sharp glare that glowered from the back of your perm.
Expecting perfection.
That wasn't coming.

The air is tainted with salt
Sea weed and various other wild things
But the sky stretches outwards the city does not threaten to tumble upon my head.
It smells like freedom, tasted on the tongue of a fresh stretching void of distance.
















FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!