Back In Time


On Saturday my family and I were going to the forest on a tour. When it was Saturday I was jumping like mad.

I packed my bag, went to the car and we hit the road.

When we arrived at the forest it was all nice and calm.

I started to explore. After a while I saw something, something orange, something shiny, something that looked very much like a time machine.

I sat down on it. Soon I was in a place, a place as dry as the sun.

I was very thirsty.

“Water, I need water!” I yelled.

I roamed around looking for water.
I finally found a creek with water, green water.

“Oh, well it’s better than nothing,” I said.

I started to drink.

Suddenly a crocodile launched itself at me. I ducked just in time before falling into the creek.

The creek was very deep. I swam for my life.

Suddenly I was surrounded by crocodiles. I waited until they charged at me and I ducked. I felt a whack on the head then something like a needle scratching the side of my forehead.

“Agrrh!’’ I yelled in pain. It was sooooo, painful I just couldn’t stand it.

I swam as fast as I could to the shore before anything else bad happened. I was just about to reach the shore when something suck it’s teeth into me. It wasn’t a crocodile this time it was a piranha. I grabbed onto shore with one hand and a thick stick with the other.
I got my stick and whacked the piranha as hard as I could.

Finally it let go.

I got on to the shore and sat down. I was very tired. I had a great big cut on my foot. I had blood oozing out of my foot.

I was all green, because of the creek.

I walked on for an hour and rested for the night. I kept on waking up at night because of the pain the croc and the piranha had given me. In the morning, finally, it was time to set off exploring.

I walked for about two hours and then had a rest. I rested for about half an hour and set off once more.

I reached a forest.

Suddenly I was picked up by a Brachiosaurus. It must have thought I was a leaf. Well I was green right?

I kicked it and it let go. Suddenly I saw something orange, something shiny, something that looked very much like a time machine.

“YEY!!!” I yelled.

Suddenly I felt thumping. I turned around and saw a T.rex charging at us.

“No” I yelled. [I love animals.] The Brachiosaurus was smashed to the ground.

Just before the T.rex could take a bite out of the Brachiosaurus I threw a stick at the carnivore.

“GRRRR!!!!” It roared.

I leapt onto the time machine and waited.

“Where were you?” mum asked.

I’ve just been exploring.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!