Fantasy

The wind blew through my face as I ran in the streets. It was forbidden to stay out at night, but I always explored the street at night. Tonight it was more special than the others, it was my 15th birthday! I always envied my friends because they were older than me. That meant that they could leave this village whenever they wanted.
Leaving was harder than I thought, tears blurred my eyes. Even though I always wanted leave, I would miss my Grandma and Grandpa. But I knew that my older siblings would look after them.
I had a dream telling me that I was the Guardian and new heir by the Goddess and was given the job of finding and protecting the Key. My family use to tell me stories on how the Guardian and Goddess protected the land. But the Dark Lord had banned them when he took over.
When I woke, I found a map to the woods. It was real.
Leaving brought back memories on how I left my family. I always thought that my siblings were weird because they never left home; leaving home was everyone’s dream.
By dusk, I had already travelled halfway. I put my hand on a tree, no pain, this was a friendly tree. I fell asleep on it and it was quite comfortable.
I saw the sun starting to rise. I slid down carefully and landed perfectly. It was hot and I was sweating like a sizzling sausage.
I arrived at the dark cave. I went inside, there was a sucking sound, I looked ahead and to my terror, I saw a monster the shape of a tube with sharp and yellow teeth. Behind it was an antique box and I knew that the key was inside it. The monster sprang and attacked but missed. I drew my sword, it was weird for a girl to have a sword, grandpa always said that I would need it. He was right. I sprang on top of the monster’s head. Once I killed this monster the Dark Lord’s evil would come to an end. The monster tried to shake me off . I swung and like a monkey, I was upside down. I stabbed the sword into the heart. A green and smelling liquid poured out and a loud screech filled the cave. I fell down, got up and grabbed the box. It was booby trapped! Rocks started to fall when I ran out.
I opened the box and found that the key was a beautiful heart-shaped locket. A bright light filled the air as my new power summoned the Goddess. The Dark Lord was destroyed at that moment.
There was a happy ending at last. It was worth it. The key would always hang around my neck. I had a great journey and now I could rest and wake up with a meal. I was finally home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!