Bananas

There once was a monkey called Mink. He was a small friendly monkey and he only had one friend, a tiger called Stanley. Stanley was tall, kind and friendly. Mink had a good life but there was only one problem. He got bullied. He try’s to tell his parents but they won’t listen to him, so the bullying continues. One day the bullies become so mean that they eat all of Mink’s bananas and laugh at him. Mink runs home crying and bumps into Stanley on the way home. “What’s wrong little buddy?” Ask’s Stanley.”
“Those mean bullies stole all of my bananas and ate them!” Sobbed Mink.
“I’ll help you get them back!”
“How?” ask’s Mink.
“We’ll go to the sacred banana tree!” Beams Stanley.
Nobody has ever come back from the sacred banana tree so Mink’s parents didn’t jump to the idea.
“But it’s dangerous.” Minks mum said.
“Your mother’s right.” Agreed Minks dad.
“But I have to mum and dad. Those bullies ate all my bananas. I will also have Stanley with me,” said Mink.
“Fine.” Said Minks parents together.
The next day Mink and Stanley said goodbye to their families and set of on there guest. About half way there Mink collapsed and Stanley had to carry Mink to the next water hole to have a drink. “I don’t know if I can go any further than this Stanley.” Panted Mink.
“Up on your feet soldier, you’re halfway there. You are so close Mink, don’t give up now!” Shouted Stanley.
“You are right Stanley! Let’s keep on going.” Yelled Mink. As they marched on the jungle became harder to walk in and both Mink and Stanley were becoming more tired. Especially Mink because he was smaller than Stanley and he didn’t have a big breakfast. “How much longer?” Asked Mink.
“We’re here!” Replied Stanley.
“Yippee! Hooray! Hazza! We’re here! Finally!” Celebrated Stanley and Mink together dancing. “What are we waiting for? Let’s get the bananas!” Cried Mink. Quickly Mink sprinted up the tree and grabbed as many bananas as he could and both Stanley and Mink sprinted home. “We’re home! We’re back!” Cried Stanley.
“Mum, Dad! I’m home!” Yelled Mink.
“Hooray!” Cried Minks parents together. “I have something to tell Mum and Dad.” Said Mink. “I get bullied by our neighbours. They are the reason I went to the sacred banana tree all along.” Sobbed Mink.
“We will have a talk to their parents Mink.”
“They did what to your son!?”
“They bully him!” Said Minks Mum.
“I will be talking to them and get to say sorry to your son.” Said the neighbours Mum.
“Sorry Mink for bullying you.” Said the bully.
“That’s okay.” Replied Mink. As they walked away, Mink looked at the sunset and thought to himself ‘what a wonderful sunset!’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!