Saddness

My mum died from cancer 2 months after my ninth birthday. It seemed as if the world would end.
She was always there for me and every time I needed help, she was there to help me.
Every day when I go to school, everyone asks if I’m okay and I always answer “yes” but inside it’s the exact opposite. Since the day she died, it’s like I don’t know myself anymore, on the outside I’m happy but inside I’m hurt.
Every now and then, when I to the kitchen and other places, I cry tears of joy and sadness. Joy because it were the places of happy memories and sad because in reality, she was gone, forever.
When it’s bed time, I cried and cried until I couldn’t cry anymore. I would miss my mum’s goodnight kisses and how she used constantly tell me to go to sleep.
Every morning I would wake up pretending that my mum was still in the bed sleeping.
Every day is a challenge but I never give up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!