Uncivilized

She sat in the corner crying.
Distraught.
She often wondered why they teased her, was it because she was different? No that couldn't be it surely the human race were more civilized, but no she was wrong, dead wrong.
John the 'popular' guy with perfect sandy blond hair, blue eyes and always the perfect report card often stared, sniggering along with his brutal brothers, or at least that’s what he called them. They would always knock her or call her uncivilized names in class and out. Until one day at school she finally could take no more, and snapped
She hadn't known what she had done, all she knew was that she was in trouble. She tried to explain what happened to the principal and his parents but all that came out was
"Get over it". John who was now in the sick bay, with red blood bleeding out his nose and into his mouth, she hadn’t meant to hit him so hard, in fact she didn’t mean to hit him at all, but what was done was done.
As she sat there thinking about what had happened.
Puzzled.
She wondered if she had forgotten all about the human race. Had she became one of them?
Uncivilized.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!