Parents

That night when Nick came home at 12:00pm, the lights were off, the entire house was dirty and messy; some dishes were broken on the floor. Nick started cleaning the house till 4:00am, then he waited for his parents to come back home till 9:00am in the morning.
9:30am when his mum came back, Nick asked "where were you last night?
Not even realising that the house is cleaned, she answered “Just some business works", Nick knew she was lying.
Then his dad came, he was drunk. He came in and fell on the couch; Nick was staring but did nothing.
Monday 9:00am in the school.
The teacher was talking about a new teacher coming to school next week. That day every one had to show their last week’s works but last night he couldn't do his works, then he got suspended from school.
The students that were very bad, that day he wagged school with them, and went to gambling.
Nick was so scared and angry, suddenly a drunk man threw coffee on him by accident, Nick got reminded of his dad when he was drunk, he went so angry and pushed that man, he was swaying and screaming of that man. Another man stopped them fighting. Nick was crying in the toilet and had smoked a cigarette when that other man that stopped him fighting came in. Nick quickly washed his face and went out.
That day again his parents had again had a big fight, they decided to get divorced, sell their house and send Nick to the boarding school and his dad is going to the USA and his mum is going to her mum's house.
When Nick heard that he felt like his body is broken in pieces, his tears were coming out of his eyes. That whole night he cried, he felt that he is the worst human in the world; he used to think that his mum and dad are both halves of his body, now both halves are fighting with each other.
Monday 4:00am in the school
That day the new teacher was coming, he was a very charming teacher, every one was enjoying the teacher, but Nick was sitting in the corner of the class with his best friend Nicolle, Nick was just staring at the floor, he was very upset, that week.
When the teacher saw him, he asked Nicolle about Nick, when Nicolle explained everything to him, he got reminded of the day when Nick was fighting with that drunk man and was crying in the toilet and smelling cigarette, he got very upset.
One day Nick's teacher decided to meet Nick's parents. He realised then, what happens to a child being felt unwanted by his parents, parents avoiding their responsibilities, ruining not only their life but also their child's. Without them Nick will destroy his life.
Nick's parents got very upset.
That night Nick's dad was sleeping, he dreamed that Nick is dying, then he went to Nick's room, he saw Nick was crying in the bathroom.
Nick's parents realised that they were so wrong, that they will not be happy separately. Then they decided that they will not doubt each other and will live together for the rest of their life. Family is the life. No one gets success without family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!