Talking Stereo

“Come on Mark” mom yelled “You will be late for school”.
“Yer I will too, because the bus is coming” Jennifer said with anger.
“Coming, coming” Mark replied. Mark sat up and looked out his window ‘Jennifer was right the bus was here’ he thought. In fool speed he grabs his bag and school clothes and ran after the bus to school.
‘Man’ thought Mark ‘another early bed time’ as he jumped onto the couch. Marks punishment was going to bed early.
“Mark its time to brush your teeth and go to bed” said mum.
“But mum” Mark answer back
“But nothing!” yelled mum, Mark could see he was making her mad he knew if he made her angrier she would burst.
‘This is boring’ Mark thought annoyed with his mum. Then Marks stereo turned on ‘What’ Mark stunned “Owe well this is my favourite song”. He was listening to the stereo when he heard “Mark.”
“Who’s there” Mark screeched!
“The stereo.”
“You can’t talk.”
“What do you think I am doing!” yelled the stereo. “Any way I am sick and tired of you being late for school, if you be late for school again I will get you.”
Mark was shocked with what just happened and was still wondering if that actually had happened. Mark decided to lay his head down and slowly drift to sleep. In the morning he woke with no yelling, no screaming nothing but quiet. ‘Strange’ Mark thought ‘hey, what if I am late for school’ he rocketed of his bed grabbed his cloths ran down the stars to find that the kitchen was empty. “They abandoned me” Mark cried, he new that they had left but Mark still went to check if they were home he walked into there doorway and sore that they were in bed!
Mark was more shocked then the stereo talking ‘the stereo’ Mark remembered, Mark went up the stairs to his room. When Mark was in his room he was looking all over the thing but nothing. Mark just decided to give up when he saw the little microphone. “Why didn’t I think of that” Mark said “As well, why would a stereo be angry about school this has my sister written all over it.”
“Wow a late bed time” surprised Mark as he went out side to play. When Mark came back in he made a plan about the stereo. It was time for bed. Once he got into bed Mark starred at the doorway. He was starting to drift off to sleep when a black dressed person raced across the room. Mark jumps up onto his bed and leaps at the person SMASH! “My head” Mark cried he was on top of his sister,
“Get off me!” Jennifer cried
“Jennifer what are you doing in Marks room?” Mum and dad asked. Jennifer had to explain every thing.
His sister can be annoying but every day after that Mark got up early and she was late for school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!