Teamwork

I remember waking up on the morning of the basketball championships feeling dizzy and wondering how the day would turn out. Would it be the best day ever or would it turn out like a train wreck?
I am tall and very good at basketball, everyone knows I’m the best! The other players are such idiots and too slow, so I never give them the ball. They don’t take the game as seriously as they should!
It came the moment to start the game. I elected myself to do the tip off. I hit the ball and a girl named Callie caught it. She had never done that before so her braced jaw dropped straight to the floor. She decided to shut it so she didn’t flood the stadium with drool. Everyone on the team knew I had skills of a tiger ready to pounce on an innocent mouse. I could run, jump, leap and fly so Callie threw the ball back to me instantly like it was a hot potato. I ran up the court with extreme speed as if I was a V8 super-car.
I took a quick glance at the clock but when I turned around the ball smashed me in the head and a strange feeling of tingling came over me. Was I unconscious? Had I blacked out? Or was I still playing the game? Suddenly I felt as if I was on a wild roller coaster or caught in a tornado. Instantly I knew I wasn’t at the stadium anymore.
I had been dumped in a green slimy thick swamp. I slowly clambered out of the slop and wiped myself down with ferns and leaves from nearby bushes. Looking around anxiously with my heart pounding who should I spot but Callie McFee. She looked relieved to see me but I certainly wasn’t happy at all to see her! I marched over to her and yelled “Callie, why the hell did you smash this gorgeous face, you will pay”
I stormed off never wanting to see her again. I began anxiously looking around for an escape when I heard a noise, then a bang and I was dragged into the air. I had been caught in a trap!
The only way out of this was for me to swallow my pride and admit I needed help. Help from Callie McFee! I was desperate. I wondered if she would turn back to help me or walk away. After all I had done some pretty mean things to her.
She made the choice to save me and next thing I remember is Callie standing over me saying “are you OK?” “Yes” I exclaimed “Let’s play” In the final quarter I passed the ball around to my team mates. It was actually Callie who scored our winning basket with 9 seconds to go. After that Callie and I remained friends for a long time. I learnt that working together is great and it’s fun to be part of a team!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!