Wandering Teeth

Here I am. Nearly all of me, but I’m missing something; my leg. Nobody believes me why. I guess it is quite an unbelievable story and I will tell you it.

It all started with this kid at school who we called Teeth. Of course, Teeth was not his real name but we called him it because in every sentence he used to say teeth. Nobody knew why just like nobody knew his real name. I could never have guessed the little mongrel was out to get me, but believe me he was.

It was an extremely hot night when it happened and I awoke very, very thirsty. So I shoved on my ratty, old slippers and crept downstairs to get a drink. I couldn’t help but notice how creepy our kitchen looked at night with all the long, black shadows.

I turned on the tap and to my disappointment not a drop of water came out. “Grrr,” I grunted, “I’ll have to go and turn on the pump.”

As I opened the door I could have sworn I heard a triumphant scream in the distance. I stopped and listened. Nothing.

As I walked to the old shed where we kept our pump, I remembered the stories my older sister used to tell me of how the shed was haunted.

“Nonsense,” I reassured myself and I began to run.

I ran straight into the shed and I was about to turn the pump on when Teeth burst in.

“What the in the world are you doing here?” I screamed.

“Teeth!” he growled back.

Suddenly his many razor-sharp teeth bounced out of his mouth.

“Very funny fraud,” I laughed back and as if responding he opened his mouth up wide. That’s when I realised it was no fraud at all. He had not a single tooth in his mouth, just shiny pinkie-red gums.

“Arrg!” I yelled.

Before I knew it his bouncing teeth grabbed hold of my leg and they began to gnaw and gnaw.

“My leg!” I shrieked in pain.

With that Teeth pelted off with his teeth not far behind and that’s when Dad walked in. But it was all too late my leg was destroyed.

“Dad!” I cried.

“Dad, a kid at school came and his teeth jumped out of his mouth and bit me really hard.”

“No Jenny,” replied Dad calmly, “You must have got your leg caught in the pump. Don’t worry, I’ll go call an ambulance.

Soon I was in hospital. The doctor had to amputate my leg and I was placed in a wheelchair.

Today at school I tuned right in to all the gossip about Teeth. Some said he had moved. I wish I knew where, if I did I could save a few legs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!